Inconsistent behaviour of menus

Alexander Volovics awol at home.nl
Tue Jan 30 14:19:25 UTC 2007

On Wed, Jan 31, 2007 at 12:11:41AM +1030, Tim wrote:

> > you can, seemingly at random, get:
> > - the full menu
> > - a truncated menu with scroll arrows

> Haven't seen that.  You should also state which Window Manager you're
> using (KDE, Gnome, something else...).

Indeed I forgot to mention that I am using Gnome (under FC6).
(And I also saw it on previous versions of Gnome, and Gnome under
 Ubuntu, etc)
If you are using Gnome I am surprised that you have never seen it.

Scott van Looy suggested in another reply to try shorter menus.
I am using the default menus with some items removed.
So I don't have (very) long menus and it still happens.

For example I don't consider the 'Places' menu to be long at all.
But still it sometimes gets truncated.

Alexander