[Fedora] Re: FC6 not connecting -- amplification

Beartooth Beartooth at swva.net
Tue Jan 30 19:50:30 UTC 2007

On Tue, 30 Jan 2007 12:37:08 -0700, Ashley M. Kirchner wrote:

>     That's the wrong approach (and wrong file to be editing.)  All
> network interface (cards) configurations are in
> /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ and gateway information is set in
> /etc/sysconfig/network - leave ifconfig alone. :)  Try my previous
> suggestion please.

OK, I just posted a reply to that.

Btw, I just looked (with the GUI, which seems to use gedit) at
/etc/sysconfig/network-scripts. There *are* a bunch in there with names
like ifcfg-eth0, and the one I'm looking at resembles things I've had to
be walked through editing in FC3 or 4 -- with entries like DEVICE=,
ONBOOT=yes, and so on. And the HWADDR= looks to be what it has always been.

Fedora Core 6; CXO 5.0.1; Pine 4.64, Pan 0.119; Privoxy 3.0.3;
Dillo 0.8.6, Galeon 2.0.3, Epiphany 2.16, Opera 9.02, Firefox 1.5