KVM switch problem

Claude Jones claude_jones at levitjames.com
Tue Jan 30 22:18:50 UTC 2007

On Tue January 30 2007 4:32:00 pm taharka wrote:
> How do,
>
> On Tue, 2007-01-30 at 21:09 +0000, Anne Wilson wrote:

> > > Has been discussed many, many times on this list and
> > > elsewhere. The best workaround is to not use Belkin.
> > > Google it and you will see what I mean. Even if you fix
> > > the particular issue you're encountering, you'll probably
> > > have others. Good alternatives that are known to work well
> > > with Linux are IOGear and Trendnet, and others have posted
> > > others as well, which I'm sure you'll find with a google
> > > search. To bring a big list of threads on this issue, try
> > > typing this in your google search field: "belkin kvm
> > > site:www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-list/" without the
> > > quotes, of course
> >
> > I use a Belkin KVM with traditional PS/2 keyboard and mouse.
> >  No problems at all with that.
>
> Same here for over ten years now without a lick of trouble :-)
> Two 4 ports & two 8 ports.
>
> > Anne
>
> taharka
>
> Lexington, Kentucky U.S.A.

It's good that you and Anne haven't had problems. I had a totally
different experience, and if you click that link I provided,
you'll see that I was not alone. Perhaps some models were better
than others, but, there was sufficient documentation at the time
to convince me to move on to another brand.

--
Claude Jones
Brunswick, Md, USA