Problem accessing some https sites

Styma, Robert E (Robert) stymar at alcatel-lucent.com
Wed Jan 31 15:00:37 UTC 2007

> > > The usual suspects are javascript, flash, activeX.  I'd
> start by checking
> > > javascript settings.  Oh yes, and some such sites need
> popups available.

One more thing to try.  cd to /tmp and do a wget on the URL
to the site that hangs.  See if it hangs in wget.  This could
eliminate some possibilites.

This is similar to a problem I have been chasing for some time.
On a friends FC6 machine, they cannot access a particular site which
is not https (normal http).  It just hangs and times out.
I can get to the site fine from my FC6 machine.  I ran ethereal (wire
shark)
on each machine and then did a wget of the URL.  On the failing machine,
14 of about 22 blocks of data came across and then the site just stops
sending data.  The Windows machine on the same router can get through
fine
but the FC4 machine on the same router has the same problem at the FC6
machine.

My next plan is to drag a different make of router over there and
configure
it to have the same mac address as the original and swap it in.  If that
does
not tell me anything, then I am running out of ideas.

Bob Styma