Fedora Core 5: Don't know how to get changed the max size (1GB) of file in Edit --> Preferences -->Preview [SOLVED]

Hilkka hilkka.outinen at kolumbus.fi
Wed Jan 31 20:31:26 UTC 2007

Case Closed. Solution below helped in my initial problem, but the max
file size seems to be still 1GB in File Management Preference Preview
value list. Is the limit hardcoded?
Solution for being able to manage (e.g. download) files more than 1GB:

gconftool-2 --type int --set /apps/nautilus/preferences/thumbnail_limit 20971520

thx,
Hilkka

    * /From/: Hilkka Outinen <hilkka outinen kolumbus fi>
    * /To/: fedora-list redhat com
    * /Subject/: Fedora Core 5: Don't know how to get changed the max
      size (1GB) of file in Edit --> Preferences -->Preview
    * /Date/: Wed, 31 Jan 2007 12:09:32 +0200

Would anybody advice me how to get the max limit for file sizes changed
in Edit --> Preferences --> Preview. The value list shows 1 GB to be the

max size I can use. I would need more than this.
Neither can find this information in the documentation.

Thank you,
Hilkka