kpilot on FC6

Frank Cox theatre at sasktel.net
Mon Jan 1 00:14:59 UTC 2007

On Mon, 01 Jan 2007 17:31:39 +0000
Arthur Pemberton <pemboa at gmail.com> wrote:

> I have the same model Palm and I have used it with
> FC6...unfortunately....i haven't synced in a while...for lack of
> need....i fine with only having the info on my Palm.

The last time I hooked my Palm up to my computer was when I still had FC5 on
this machine.  I only update it a couple of times each year.  Now is the time
again and it looks like I might be out of luck for the moment.

I went through this before with FC4, as I recall.  It just started working by
magic when I got FC5, but it looks like FC6 has killed it again.

> IF you cannot get
> this to work within a few days. I will give it a try on my end...but
> you have me a bit worried that something may go wrong and I may loose
> data.

I have tried everything that I can think of, with no luck at all.

> About the files you spoke of. I do do have them, from `locate`:
> /usr/lib/qt-3.3/etc/settings/.qt_plugins_3.3rc.lock
> /usr/lib/qt-3.3/etc/settings/qt_plugins_3.3rc

I do too, but they are readable only by root:

ll /usr/lib/qt-3.3/etc/settings
total 16
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root    0 Feb 24  2003 kstylerc
-rw------- 1 root root  554 Aug  5 03:36 qt_plugins_3.3rc
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 1292 Mar 23  2005 qtrc