RAID suggestions...

I'm looking at setting up a RAID system for doing video work. My two main requirements are speed and reliability. Speed is an issue because of the constant streaming of hundreds of megabytes, if not gigabytes of data that is inherent with video. And obviously reliability, I want to make sure I don't lose any data of a drive crashes on me. This will also be a hardware RAID solution (as opposed to software) and, depending on funds, I may try to make it a hot-swappable system.

Based on all the different RAID levels out there, what does the collective suggest? 1? 3? 5? 0+1?