Cups error - "An error occurred while retrieving the printer list. ": why ?

Mark Ryden markryde at gmail.com
Mon Jan 1 09:35:19 UTC 2007

Hello,

If I start kprinter and ignore the errors I try unsuccesfully to add a printer.
Eventually when starting kprinter I get the same error as before.

This is what I do:
add new printer
Network printer (TCP)
HP laserjet
model: 1015
General Informaton tab (name and location)
Here I enter some text desciption fields.

I reach:
 Error (kprinter) dialog
 clinet-error-bad-request

And when activating kprinter I get again the same error as before:
"an error occurred while retrieving the printer list
connection to the cups server failed. Check that the CUPS server
  is correctly installed and running. Error: the IPP request failed
for an unknown reason."

Regards,
Mark