Re: Cups error - "An error occurred while retrieving the printer list. ": why ?

Hello,

If I start kprinter and ignore the errors I try unsuccesfully to add a printer.
Eventually when starting kprinter I get the same error as before.

This is what I do:
add new printer
Network printer (TCP)
HP laserjet
model: 1015
General Informaton tab (name and location)
Here I enter some text desciption fields.

I reach:
Error (kprinter) dialog
clinet-error-bad-request

And when activating kprinter I get again the same error as before:
"an error occurred while retrieving the printer list
connection to the cups server failed. Check that the CUPS server
 is correctly installed and running. Error: the IPP request failed
for an unknown reason."

Regards,
Mark

On 12/31/06, Anne Wilson <cannewilson tiscali co uk> wrote:
On Sunday 31 December 2006 13:33, Mark Ryden wrote:
> Anne,
>
> >Ha
>
> ve you tried restarting CUPS?
>
> >service cups restart (in a root terminal)
>
> Yes. It did not change anything ; I got the same error;
> (It is mentioned in my message)

Oops - I missed your re-start comment.  You say you can get the cups page at
localhost:631.  Does that find your printer(s)?  How and where are they
connected?

Anne