DVD problem

I have a BBC DVD which refuses to play on my computer.  Xine talks about
encryption and libdvdcss (which is installed).  MPlayer says'mplayer: symbol
lookup error: /usr/lib/libavcodec.so.51: undefined symbol: faacDecOpen'.
Googling brings up messages about installing libfaad2 but yum says

faad2.i386                               2.5-1.fc6              installed
Matched from:
/usr/lib/libfaad.so.0
/usr/lib/libfaad.so.0.0.0
libfaad.so.0

Am I missing something, or is there a bug or a real problem?

Anne