FC6 desktop uses kmail?

Frank Cox theatre at sasktel.net
Mon Jan 1 19:25:12 UTC 2007

On Mon, 01 Jan 2007 19:16:28 +0000
Chris Jones <jonesc at hep.phy.cam.ac.uk> wrote:

> Under KDE I would then look to see what application is associated with
> the email when it is stored as a file on your desktop (whats the file
> extension by the way ?) by either right clicking on it and checking its
> properties,

Bingo!  I just found it, thanks to your help.

By right-clicking on the file and selecting properties, one of the tabs is
"Open With" and the selections are Kmail, "Nedit" and "Text Editor".  I
selected Nedit and it's working just the way that I want it to.

The file extension is .eml, and the "Type" is "email message", mime type
message/rfc822

Thanks!