[SOT] Fast typing and threading...

Ed Greshko Ed.Greshko at greshko.com
Tue Jan 2 11:24:33 UTC 2007

Apologies in advance for the "Sadly Off Topic" post.  Knowing this you may
wish to stop here.

I just felt a need to remind some folks on a couple of points.

1.  If one wishes to change the name of a topic it is not sufficient to
simply reply to a given topic and change the subject.  The headers in the
reply to the original topic will remain intact and will not be broken into a
separate thread by some/most (I didn't take a survey) mail readers.

2.  Keyboards did not always have a left and right Ctrl keys.  Today, the
majority of laptop keyboards have only a left Ctrl key.  Some have suggested
that using both Ctrl keys is the proper way to type and one could type
faster if they used them.  I tried to point out that "I" can't type faster
if I considered using the right Ctrl key since it doesn't exist on all the
keyboards that I use and I would then have to think about what keyboard I
was using order to maximize my performance.  I recognize my limitations in
that area.  Ignoring the right Ctrl key is just easier.

Oh, and Happy New Year to everyone...I seem to be still celebrating.

--
The above comments and opinions above are solely my own and do not
necessarily reflect the views of my employer, spouse, or cats.  I am totally