difficult rpm problem

Hello everyone,

I'm not sure what I installed to cause this problem but anytime I try to
run rpm now I get this error:

rpm: error while loading shared libraries: libstdc++.so.6: cannot open

This is also keeping me from running OpenOffice and a few other apps.
I've try to find the solution with the help of my old friend google but
no luck. Obviously I can't fix it by upgrading or re-installing libstdc
++ via rpm because rpm won't work.

Does anyone have an idea how I can fix this problem?

Thank you so much.

jack