FC6 Notebook

Gérard Milmeister gemi at bluewin.ch
Tue Jan 2 19:21:30 UTC 2007

On Tue, 2007-01-02 at 11:32 -0700, Robin Laing wrote:
> On Fri, 2006-12-29 at 01:36 +0100, Gérard Milmeister wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I am going to acquire a new notebook.
> > It should have adquate battery power. No high-end video card is needed,
> > I think Intel 9xx should be enough. Other than that, some features such
> > as card reader would be nice.
> >
> > I have a choice among the following brands:
> > Acer
> > Asus
> > HP
> > Toshiba
> > Fujitsu
> > Is there any model that is particularly suited for FC6?
> > --
> > Gérard Milmeister
> > Langackerstrasse 49
> > CH-8057 Zürich

Currently I am looking at Asus and HP-Compaq notebooks.
I don't need wide-screen and high-performance 3d graphics, but
I like to have good build quality, and Dell doesn't deliver
it (I still have a Dell Inspiron 3800, and while it did the job,
it looks crappy). I read that ASUS are among the best (I am
considering ASUS F2F). The HP-Compaq I am investigating are the
nc6320 and nc6400. Any experiences with these?
--
Gérard Milmeister
Langackerstrasse 49