Error installing FC6 x86_64

I'm trying to install FC6 on an Intel Core 2 Duo machine (Intel
DG965SS motherboard) with 2 500GB SATA drives. These drives are not
setup for RAID.  The box also has 2 IDE DVD drives as well.

The install fails early on with the error "Unable to find any devices
of the type needed for installation of this type. Would you like to
manually select a driver or use a driver disk?"

I've successfully installed both Winblows and other Linux flavors on
the machine.

Is this a known issue?  If so, what is the workaround?

Thanks.