Canon Elura 100 Camcorder and FC5

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Wed Jan 3 01:29:14 UTC 2007

On Tuesday 02 January 2007 14:51, Tim wrote:
>On Mon, 2007-01-01 at 17:07 -0500, Kurt Wall wrote:
>> I don't know about DV, but my miniDV-based camcorder worked like a
>> charm on FC6. I did "yum install kino", "modprobe raw1394", started
>> kino, and everything worked.
>
>I'm curious whether the opposite works, as well:  Playing DV/MiniDV out
>of the computer back into the camera.

That may be a little more problematic, depending on the camera.  I have a
Sony TRV-460, and it is truly by-directional over the firewire cable.

I've heard there are cameras who aren't that happy about that over on the
kino list, so the usual YMMV caveats apply.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)