Custom DVD

Peter Astakhov astakhovp at elinar-broiler.ru
Wed Jan 3 13:23:16 UTC 2007

Mark Haney пишет:

> Peter Astakhov wrote:
>> Hello!
>>
>> If I put FC6-CDx-*.iso somewhere in the network available via nfs, I
>> can load from 1-st CD-disk, select installation method NFS and enter
>> path to this isos. All ok.
>> But if I put 5 iso-files on the DVD and try to install from my own
>> DVD, installer can't found packages.
>>
>> Why I want such DVD?
>> If you have DVD on destination computer, installation will be easy.
>> If you don't have DVD on destination computer - you can write ISO-s to
>> CD and install FC from CD.
>>
>> Is anybody can help me with this problem?
>>
>> WBR, Peter (Zebar) Astakhov
>>

> I'm not too clear on what you are wanting to do.  There are FC dvd ISOs
> available so if you need a DVD, then that's the way to go.  Can you
> clarify what exactly you are looking to do?
Ok.
I want to burn Fedora for my friends. Some of them have DVD on
destination computers, but some - have only CD.
I can prepare 2 sets of disks - 5 CD or 1DVD.
But I want prepare only 1 set, which will be multipurpose - if you have
DVD, you can download and install from this disk.
If you have only CD - you can write 5 iso from DVD in any place and burn
5 CD.

Sorry for my English.
Peter (Zebar) Astakhov
--
Начальник отдела информационных систем и телекоммуникаций
ЗАО "Элинар-Бройлер"

Peter Astakhov
Registered Linux user #349343