Re: Error installing FC6 x86_64

On 1/3/07, Markku Kolkka <markkuk tuubi net> wrote:
Doctor Who kirjoitti viestissään (lähetysaika keskiviikko 03
tammikuu 2007 03:56):
> At the install prompt I typed 'linux all-generic-ide' and I
> get the same error as before.  Does this make the installer
> see the disks as PATA vs. SATA?

No, it makes the kernel to detect the unsupported PATA
controller. Is the SATA controller set to AHCI mode in BIOS?

That brings up a question...what *should* it be?  It was set in the
BIOS to IDE.  As I understand it, to get the most speed/features out
of these drives, it should be set to AHCI, correct?

Also, I've already done a couple OS installs on these drives, so it
would appear changing the setting to AHCI will cause me to reinstall
those OS's.