Re: Error installing FC6 x86_64

Doctor Who wrote:
On 1/3/07, Markku Kolkka <markkuk tuubi net> wrote:
Doctor Who kirjoitti viestissään (lähetysaika keskiviikko 03
tammikuu 2007 03:56):
> At the install prompt I typed 'linux all-generic-ide' and I
> get the same error as before.  Does this make the installer
> see the disks as PATA vs. SATA?

No, it makes the kernel to detect the unsupported PATA
controller. Is the SATA controller set to AHCI mode in BIOS?

That brings up a question...what *should* it be?  It was set in the
BIOS to IDE.  As I understand it, to get the most speed/features out
of these drives, it should be set to AHCI, correct?

Also, I've already done a couple OS installs on these drives, so it
would appear changing the setting to AHCI will cause me to reinstall
those OS's.

Hey Professor (as Ace would say)...

I don't know about having to reinstall the other OS's or not however you do want the controller set to AHCI for FC6. Also in order to get the CDrom drive working I had to add the all-generic-ide. I was unable to install FC6 when I set my drives to anything other than AHCI.

Jeff