Re: how to force the use of a web proxy?

Configure your firewall to accept outbound http/https requests only from the proxy server. If the users try to change their proxy settings, the firewall will block their attempts. That will not stop the users from accessing web servers on "creative" ports, but it's a good start.

Jamie