CUPS Tunning

Danesh Daroui Danesh.D at bredband.net
Thu Jan 4 14:55:37 UTC 2007

Hi all,

I have a fedora 6 machine which acts as Print server. I have had
following problem since I had installed Fedora 3:

1. Each time I turn off each printer connected to the server and restart
the server, when I turn the printer on again, the system says that new
printer has been detected. How can I install each printer permanently?
2. I would like not you use SAMBA for printer sharing, so when I want to
use IPP for my both Windows XP and Ubuntu notebook to connect to the
server and detect printers it always fails. However the CUPS port 631 on
the server is already open!

Regards,

H.