Re: udev and console.perms

Mikkel L. Ellertson wrote:
Peter Horst wrote:
[snip]
I think what I would do is remove or comment out the
<console>  0600 <sound>      0600 root
line from /etc/security/console.perms.d/50-default.perms. I would
then copy the device list from the audio devices section of
/etc/udev/rules.d/50-udev.rules and create my own file as something
like 52-sound.rules with lines like:

KERNEL=="audio*", GROUP="audio"

or what ever group you want to be able to access the audio devices.

[snip]
Thanks very much - I followed your advice (added a new group 'audio' and put root and me into it) - I am now able to access my ogg player and the mixer.