Sick of crappy wireless, suggestions?

Bill Davidsen davidsen at tmr.com
Fri Jan 5 00:52:29 UTC 2007

Thomas Cameron wrote:
> On Sun, 2006-12-31 at 08:24 -0500, Neal Becker wrote:
>> I have bcm4318.  I've got wireless working with windoze driver, but it's
>> very unreliable.  I've had enough.  Can anyone suggest an add-on card for
>> my laptop that will work well with FC6, natively?
>>

> Do a search on eBay for "802.11g mini" to see all the mini-PCI cards out
> there.  I use an Intell 2200 and it Just Works(TM) once I download the
> latest firmware.

Yes. I have the 2200 in my ASUS 1681 and it works. With everything
encrypted all to hell, works.

However, I have several other laptops, and I could make a list of PCMCIA
cards which **don't** work. I would really like a recommendation for a
USB card which does work, because I could use it on several machines
(including old desktops), give some to the kids, etc, etc.

Working in FC6, preferably.

--
Bill Davidsen
   He was a full-time professional cat, not some moonlighting