FC6: pestered by zombies

Alexander Volovics awol at home.nl
Fri Jan 5 11:50:16 UTC 2007

Colin Brace wrote:
> The "pstree" command will let you see the parentage of processes,
> including zombies.

Thanks for the replies (and for waking me up).

I have probably been reading the 'ps' manpage while sleeping and I
had completely forgotten about 'pstree'. (I also managed to miss the
option to show dependencies in "System->Administration->System Monitor").

The culprit in my case is 'escd' from the 'esc-1.0.0-16.fc6' package.
It spawns a 'netstat' child everytime and seems to fail to 'reap' them
when closing.

Maybe I should report this as a "buglet"?

Alexander