RE: Fedora Core 6 not recognizing all of my memory

The boot just hangs while trying to start the "system message bus".  Did some digging and tried a few things to get it to boot but can't get it to go.

The "normal" version of FC6 boots fine.  And the "normal" version of FC4 boots and sees all of my memory.

Any other ideas?

--741

On 1/4/07, Alan <alan lxorguk ukuu org uk > wrote:
On Thu, 4 Jan 2007 09:26:15 -0500
SevenFortyOne < rez741 gmail com > wrote:

> As suggested I tried the _64 version of FC6 but that won't even boot.  My
> Server is running Xeon processors and it is my understanding the the _64
> version of FC6 is for the AMD.

The FC 64bit versions are for any CPU with the AMD 64bit extensions or
reasonable clones thereof. That includes some of the newer Intel
processors.

If the boot stops immediately saying long mode is not available your
processor is 32bit only.