acroread silently exits

I have installed Acrobat Reader (AdobeReader_enu-7.0.8-1.i386.rpm ) on a few FC6
computers over the past couple of days.   I have just run into an odd one.

Typing acroread at the commandline silently exits.  In other words, I type
acroread and about one second later I get my command prompt back.  That's it.

I made the changes to /usr/bin/arcroread as listed here:

http://wiki.scribus.net/index.php/Fedora_Core_6_-_Troubleshooting

acroread worked fine on the other four computers that I did this on, but not on
this last one.