Need compiz rpm updates from Fedora!

spmirowski spmirowski at shaw.ca
Sat Jan 6 18:57:33 UTC 2007

> Message: 11 Date: Fri, 5 Jan 2007 12:55:52 +0000 From: Rob Andrews
> <rob at choralone.org> Subject:

> Paul Johnson wrote: > Why don't the Compiz package managers update
> their offerings? The FC6 > version is now way out of date!

> Fedora Core 6 is released. Release editions don't get new or updated
> packages, but packages do get updated when bugs are found in that
> package release. This is the same across the board for all Linux
> distributions. If you want a newer version of Compiz, either build the
> source RPM from rawhide, or upgrade to rawhide.

Fedora doesn't get new versions?  I have been using FC since v2 and for
many of the programs included, new versions have been issued via
updates, not just bug and security updates.  In fact, this is one of the
reasons I enjoyed FC over other distros I have used in the past.

As for issuing new versions on compiz, perhaps releasing updated builds
may not occur because of possible side effects, such is why FF2.0 isn't
going to come down the update pipe.  I would appreciate and update
though.  I find compiz too CPU hungry.  I hope future builds rely more
on the GPU than the CPU.

Stephen