Sensors and recent motherboards

Anne Wilson cannewilson at tiscali.co.uk
Sat Jan 6 19:22:19 UTC 2007

On Saturday 06 January 2007 14:00, Paulo Cavalcanti wrote:
> >On all those boards I could get cpu, disk and ethernet throughput, but I
> > could not get either temperatures or fan speeds.  On this one, temp 1
> > registers as -1.0C and temp2 as 0.0C.  On the second Asus both registered
> > as 0.0C.  I know I have had to edit sensors.conf in the past to tune
> > temperatures, but at least there was documented requirements for the Asus
> > motherboards.  I haven't found anything at all useful about sensors and
> > the Abit boards.
> >
> >Any ideas?
>
> This is the place to look at:
>
> http://www.lm-sensors.org/
>
> Try to contact the developers there. They are the best people to
> answer your questions.

For a moment I thought I had struck gold :-)  There is a link to
http://www.lm-sensors.org/wiki/Configurations and there, sure enough, is a
configuration file for Abit KV8Pro.  Unfortunately, although I replaced the
old config file with this, I still get the same (lack of) readings.

Nevertheless, this page is worthy of a bookmark, I think.

Anne