Inquiry about input methods for Arabic

Hello,
I am a new user to fedora core 6 "Zod", and I enabled Arabic language support while installation, but when I opened OpenOffice.org to enter arabic text I didn't know how to enter it (I tried pressing right ALT+SHIFT but nothing happened), I could only enter English text. Kindly advise me how to enter Arabic text in OpenOffice.org.
Note: I am using Gnome.
Thank you.
Mohammed Ahmed Mostafa
amostafa05 yahoo com