Re: fc6 dvd read performance degrades with mkisofs joliet option

Skunk Worx wrote:
Hi,

I use FC6 to master DVDs and have noticed if I add the -J option to the mkisofs command the read performance on the final dvd is severely degraded.

For example mastering a DVD image with RockRidge and ISO9660 alone yields about 200 mb./minute read performance on my media.

What does the DVD contain? How many files:

cd /thedvd
find . -type f | wc

Mogens
Phone: +45 33 27 53 25, Fax: +45 33 27 47 08
Email: mk crc dk Homepage: http://www.crc.dk