Cups broken and my stomach is upset - Anger Management in Action Danger! Danger! Will Robinson!

Anne Wilson cannewilson at tiscali.co.uk
Mon Jan 8 09:04:42 UTC 2007

On Monday 08 January 2007 07:12, Ric Moore wrote:
> Woof... I cannot REALLY start typing how I truly feel or I would be
> lashing out in pure white hot anger and I've been taught to not do that.
> So, FC6 and I are at odds tonight and I am venting about what just
> happened. <being reasonable with a SMILE!> Right.
>
> I printed out some plain text documents for my project and then cranked
> up gimp to print one graphic page for the cover of the Dvd that I am to
> send. Well, what had been just plain ole working about a week or so ago,
> started sucking in paper with one line printed saying
> "%!PS-Adobe-3.0
>          %%Creator: Print plug-in V4.2.7 - July 2004 for Gimp/Gimp print
>
> ... and then proceeded to suck and spit paper out onto the floor.

Hi, Ric.  I saw this problem once, quite a while ago.  I found that a print
queue had been installed by hal, something like diskjet990-1.  That print
queue always behaves like that, whatever app I print from.  Occasionally
after an update I find that gimp is trying to print to that one again.  I set
up the printer to use the correct queue, and all is well again.  HTH

Anne