Re: A really good article on software usability

On Monday 08 January 2007 07:06, Tim wrote:

> I see people using that OS, supposedly it's designed for them to be an
> easy thing to use.  But there's no way that they're going to avoid
> getting infections from their browser or mail client, because they don't
> know what they're doing, and it doesn't protect them from outside
> attack, nor themselves.

People often want to use tools without understanding the physics behind them -
and why not?  It's not absolutely necessary.  My elder daughter is such a
user.  She doesn't want to 'understand' computers, but is perfectly willing
to learn a few simple rules, and those rules have kept her virus and trojan
free for upwards of ten years, running win3.1 and then win98 until last year.

Anne