konqueror and kooldock

Peter Roopnarine proopnarine at calacademy.org
Mon Jan 8 18:52:51 UTC 2007

Hi all,
  I had a curious problem with konqueror in KDE under FC5; it fails to start from the panel or applications menu. I didn't understand the problem because it started inexplicably. I've been running FC5, KDE and konqueror on this machine for months with no problems. So I set up a large update and left for vacation, just returned to the office and still no go. I then remembered that I had installed kooldock a few days before the problem started. I just uninstalled kooldock (install and uninstall with rpm), and moments later the problem has been fixed. Has anyone else had a similar problem, and any idea as to what the cause is? Note, I am not wedded to kooldock in any way, and had not used it beyond a few tries right after installation.
  Thanks.
Peter
--
Dr. Peter D. Roopnarine, Assoc. Curator
Department of Invertebrate Zoology & Geology

Phone: (415) 321-8271
FAX: (415) 321-8615
WWW: http://www.calacademy.org/research/izg/roopnarine/peter.htm
Earth provides enough to satisfy every man's need, but not every man's greed