ktnef (Microsoft playing difficult on rich-text annex)

roland roland at cat.be
Mon Jan 8 22:20:20 UTC 2007

Hello,

Sometimes Microsoft changes an annex into winmail.dat wenn the outlook
user uses rich-text format. Only Outlook can read this.
To rebuild this annex into his original format, one needs Tnef or KTnef.
I succeeded to install Tnef. Tnef -f winmail.dat rebuilds the original.
But I do not know how to use this directly on the annex.

On the other hand by default by clicking on the annex, one of the
possibilies offered is KTnef. But I do not find this on my installation.
So I did some research and found many things but nothing that coould tell
me how to install, without complaining about dependicies. One of the
things he is complaining about is libGLcore.so.1.

Please Help

--
Roland Brouwers
C.A.T. bvba