Has anyone seen a "lock up" occur on FC6 when running Firefox?

Kernel  2.6.18-1.2869.fc6 smp  fully updated install

firefox 1.5.09 via  yum

If I start firefox and use or let it sit idle, eventually the system will lock up. No keyboard response, cursor moves with mouse movement but the buttons do not function. I can't conclusively say that firefox is that cause but it seems to be the commonality. If I let the system idle without firefox, I have yet to see a freeze.

Any one else seen this? Any one have some diagnostic tricks I can use to isolate this? I'm not a complete novice in using Linux but any tips might save me a boat load of trial and error. I may try starting a VNC session from another machine and see if it is active so I can see dmesg, etc. Perhaps it's an xwindows issue.....

Thanks,

~~Richard