fedora-list Digest, Vol 35, Issue 77

don vogt donvogt2001 at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 9 15:24:08 UTC 2007

> Message: 1
> Date: Tue, 9 Jan 2007 04:34:41 +0000 (GMT)
> From: M A Young <m.a.young at durham.ac.uk>
> Subject: Re: yum update of xine
> To: For users of Fedora <fedora-list at redhat.com>
>
> On Mon, 8 Jan 2007, don vogt wrote:
>
> > I have a core5. After a "yum upgrade" from core4
> after
> > legacy list went kaput. (Which worked like a
> champ, by
> > the way)
> >  When I do "yum update" it stops with a message
> > "xine-lib=1.1.3 is needed by xine-lib-moles"
>
> In fc5 xine-lib is a package from the fedora extras
> repository, and
> xine-lib-moles one from the freshrpms repository (or
> possibly others). I
> suggest you check your yum configuration files in
> /etc/yum.repos.d are
> correct for these repositories. If you previously
> edited files in this
> directory, you may want to replace the current files
> with any .rpmnew
> files then reapply your edits.
>
> 	Michael Young

I looked at my repos and they look OK to me.
I looked at the extras repository and the xine-lib
there is 1.1.2.fc5  I seem to need 1.1.3.fc5
 I tried a "yum update --exclude=xine-lib-moles xine"
and it failed with "xine-lib-moles>=1.1.2 is needed by
package xine. I did a search for xine-lib-moles and
don't have one on my machine now.
I looked for leftover fc4 files and have none.

Thanks for your help. I think I will drop it for now
since I am planning to do an upgrade to fc6 pretty
soon anyhow and that may clear it up.