Re: RPM DB blocking...

On Tue, 9 Jan 2007, Kevac Marko wrote:

Hi.

Often yum exits with segmentation fault and after this rpm db is
somehow blocked.
Any rpm or yum start freezes when connecting to rpm db. Only reboot helps.

What can i do to avoid reboot and to unlock rpm db?

I am encountering this as well. It causes daily cron to pile up rpm queries looking for new packages as well.

I have not tested if rebooting fixes the problem.  (I will in a moment.)

--
"Invoking the supernatural can explain anything, and hence explains nothing."
                  - University of Utah bioengineering professor Gregory Clark