Mounting NTFS

John Bowden john.bowden43 at blueyonder.co.uk
Wed Jan 10 02:02:41 UTC 2007

On Mon, 2007-01-08 at 21:48 -0500, Jim Cornette wrote:
> John Bowden wrote:
> > I have installed the ntfs-3g package. How do I mount my ntfs partition,
> > I would like it to be permanently mounted with read and write access. I
> > know the write access is still experimental but I don't plan to be
> > editing any important windoz files.
> >

> You might add something like 'ntfs-3g /dev/sda1 /mnt/xp' to rc.local and
> it should be ready to go when the computer is ready after boot. I do
> this for 'yum -y update' on a computer that I setup for novice computer
> users and it works for that situation. ntfs-3g should work from the
> script also.
>
> Jim
> --
> The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.

I got that command to work after changing the "sda1" to hda1. I have
also added it to my rc.local file and did a reboot. I can now see my
ntfs partition. Now I can archive all the stuff in my "downloads"
directory and shrink the ntfs partition down to give my FC6 partition
more room.Thanks all for your help. Now to find out why my Psion wont
communicate with FC6