snmp question

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Wed Jan 10 07:57:51 UTC 2007

Greetings;

2 questions actually.

1) I have a wap11 access point, and I'm trying to build wap11gui-0.12, but
failing with missing deps so that ./configure fails silently.

Its old, but then so is the wap11, and the ./configire is looking for
older snmp stuffs, according to the INSTALL file, ucd-snmp in particular.

I have yumex installing as much of the snmp stuff as it can find, but that
particular package doesn't seem to be in the FC6 repos.

Ok, question one is moot, it built and checkinstall made me an rpm and it
installs and runs, so I'll sub another question.

I've forgotten the password to the wap11 as I haven't used it since nearly
a year ago.  Does any one know howto do a reset on this device?

Question 2: Somehow, on my laptop, I have managed to disable the radio, a
broadcomm bcm4318, as in the led under the HP logo on this HP dv5120us
laptop is off.  Is this a bios function, or is there some magic
incantation I can add to /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-wlan0 that
will enable it?  I had turned it off while in upstate MI late this spring
as just using the motels supplied dlink box and an ethernet cable just
worked as opposed to spending days getting the wlan0 device to work.  Now
I'd like to use it again, but cannot get it to enable.  The boot message
indicates the device "does not seem to be present, delaying
initialization."  I've just now checked the bios and it is enabled there.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)