building firefox debug package?

Ian Malone ibmalone at gmail.com
Wed Jan 10 18:57:42 UTC 2007

Tony Nelson wrote:
> At 5:18 PM +0000 1/10/07, Ian Malone wrote:
>> Could anyone suggest a way of building a debug build
>> of Firefox from the updates source rpm?
>>
>> I want to do this to help find out why my XPCOM
>> components wont register with firefox in FC6 while
>> they did in FC5 (same source, same makefile, still
>> Firefox 1.5).
>
> Do you only need the -debuginfo RPM?
>
>     []# yum --enablerepo=\*-debuginfo install firefox-debuginfo

I've tried it, but what I need is firefox built with
-DDEBUG type options.

> Otherwise, I'd expect that the normal rpmbuild process would produce all
> the packages, and perusing the spec (and make) file(s) should provide any
> other options you need.

I've been trying.  I've changed
ac_add_options --disable-debug
ac_add_options --enable-debug
Which works when run as firefox, but e.g. 'firefox -h' for instance
will print the help followed by crashing (even without trying my
components), and it doesn't seem to produce any diagnostics.

I'm now about to try commenting out:
#ac_add_options --enable-optimize="$RPM_OPT_FLAGS"

But it takes quite a while to build and the scripts (/usr/bin/firefox
is a script to load the firefox script, which loads the binary) seem
to try to supress stdout/stderr, so I was hoping someone else had
done this before.

--
imalone