Re: I am looking for a supplier of laptops with 64 AMD processors, preferrably Opteron.

I currently use a "Averatec 7170-EC1". Running FC6 (x86_64). The following are the immediate caveats that i could not get resolved yet.

1. Modem is not detected. (I guess it is a winmodem)
2. The wireless (rt2561/rt61) driver has serious stability issues. (rt2x00.serialmonkey.com) 3. I use nVidia (proprietary) driver from livna repository. Beryl works. But, shoots up the cpu.

Srikanth

linux wrote:
I am looking for a supplier of laptops with 64 AMD processors, preferrably Opteron, on which to install FC6-x64.. Any suggestions? recent NVIDIA graphics would be a definite bonus.

Ed