Re: Audio device is not working on FC5

Hi,

I tried alsamixer but did not give a sound, either.

So eventually I downloaded the driver from www.opensound.com (oss-linux-v4-0rc2-197-i386.rpm) and installed it. After reboot everything works fine.

Thanks,
istvan

On 1/10/07, David Timms <dtimms iinet net au> wrote:
Szegedi Istvan wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I just recently installed FC5 on my desktop but the audio device is not
> working.
> Any idea what could be wrong would be appreciated.
I have recently noticed that there is a weirdness in the Volume Control
2.16.1 application, where a channel automatically mutes if it is ramped
down to zero. Ramping it back up does not unmute the channel.

Also, a channel level / muting may not be remembered across reboots.

Could you try out alsamixer from the command line.
use cursor keys, enter, space, esc, tab.
See if that gets some audio output.

DaveT.