Re: Latest xorg update breaks beryl ! (SOLVED)

On 11/01/07, Eric Donkersloot <eric donkersloot gmail com> wrote:

On Jan 11, 2007, at 2:51 PM, Mark Knoop wrote:

> On 11/01/07, Eric Donkersloot <eric donkersloot gmail com> wrote:
>>
>> I use a custom kernel (I need a different kernel stack size), so
>> using a packaged version is not an option for me.
>
> It's relatively straightforward to rebuild the livna src packages for
> your custom kernel.

I don't use the livna repository (I use dries & freshrpms),

I'm sure it's equally straightforward to rebuild the freshrpms src package...

and why would that be a better option ?

Precisely for the reasons outlined above: that rpm packaged versions
avoid conflicts such as that described by the OP.

The package won't get updated  doing a yum update, now would it ?

No, it wouldn't.

--
Mark Knoop
email me for a gmail invitation