Re: hang on boot 'trying to determine IP for wifi0'

On 1/11/07, Neal Becker <ndbecker2 gmail com> wrote:
Hi, newbie here.  I am using an atheos card on Fedora FC6.  It is working
OK.

I suppose you mean it works fine once you boot.

One annoying thing - it hangs for about 30seconds @boot time, saying:
trying to determine IP for wifi0 (or something like that - not found in
message log).

Any way to prevent this?

Well, deactivate the interface at boot.
System -> Administration -> Network
Edit the device and then unclick the checkbox.

BTW, I'm not manually configuring the nics, I'm using NetworkManager.