Re: /tmp running out of space

On Thursday 11 January 2007 16:44, magicus wrote:

> $ locate tmpwatch
> /etc/cron.daily/tmpwatch
> /usr/sbin/tmpwatch
> /usr/share/man/man8/tmpwatch.8.gz
>
> What happens if you give it the full path?
>
> ( /usr/sbin/tmpwatch instead of just tmpwatch )

Hi, furlan.  Yes, that's what was needed.  I had not understood that root
didn't have access to its path when running the command in a cron job.  'Run
now' worked, so hopefully, next time it runs as scheduled on Wednesday it
should run without problems.

I do like the cron emails.  Such a comfort :-)

Anne