vlc and mplayer will not play a studio DVD: SOLVED

Temlakos temlakos at gmail.com
Thu Jan 11 20:33:26 UTC 2007

Everyone:

Immediately after sending a message about failure of vlc and mplayer to
play my studio-issue DVD's, I suddenly remembered what component I still
had not installed: libdvdcss, available from ATrpms and livna. After I
installed that package, my studio-issue DVD's will now play in vlc and
mplayer.

Totem remains recalcitrant. Once again: where do I get the required
plugins to play DVD's and MPG-encoded movies in totem?

Temlakos