vlc and mplayer will not play a studio DVD: SOLVED

Everyone:

Immediately after sending a message about failure of vlc and mplayer to play my studio-issue DVD's, I suddenly remembered what component I still had not installed: libdvdcss, available from ATrpms and livna. After I installed that package, my studio-issue DVD's will now play in vlc and mplayer.

Totem remains recalcitrant. Once again: where do I get the required plugins to play DVD's and MPG-encoded movies in totem?

Temlakos