FC5, And FC6 won't shutdown completely

Jim Cornette fc-cornette at insight.rr.com
Thu Jan 11 22:33:21 UTC 2007

Nigel Henry wrote:

>  using "poweroff" just stalls at "Power down".
>
> The last 7 entries from the shutdown messages are.
>
> Unmounting file systems:                             OK
> Halting system...
> md: stopping all md devices.
> md: md0 switched to read-only mode.
> Shutdown: hdb
> Shutdown: hda
> Power down.
>
> This is probably no surprise as the acpid isn't running.
>
> Shutdown with the 2.6.15 kernel runs to completion, but the stuff scrolls past
> so fast, and no log is kept of it, so can't say what it says. It certainly
> mentions "ACPI", but what else I'm not sure of.
>
> Nigel.

Have you tried adding acpi=on as one of the kernel parameters? I ask
since you mentioned acpid is not running but is running for the earlier
kernel.

I used to add that line in for my laptop because of the option changing
from default on to default off from time to time. That was during Severn
though.

Jim

--
That money talks,