FC5, And FC6 won't shutdown completely

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Fri Jan 12 01:50:04 UTC 2007

On Thu, 2007-01-11 at 19:08 +0100, Nigel Henry wrote:
> The first line after the <snip> here shows "ACPI: Disabling ACPI
> support", and this (and I'm convinced after some updates to FC5) is
> the same for all kernels later than the 2.6.15 one.

One of my PCs gets a message like that, because it considers the BIOS to
be too old.  Using acpi=force as a kernel parameter got that PC to work.

Another of my PCs needed its BIOS options tweaking about power
management and which version of ACPI it was using, before the hardware
would work properly.