Re: Procmail regexp

On Fri, 2007-01-12 at 21:11 +1100, Cameron Simpson wrote:
> On 10Jan2007 10:12, Matthew Benjamin <msbenjamin12 gmail com> wrote:
> | Can someone help me? I have a pprocmail receipe that I am trying to filter
> | out OOO messages. It works on the second or criteria but not the first here
> | is the regexp
> |
> | *^Subject:.*(out of office|out of the office)
> |
> | I want this to filter out any of these occurances regardless of case or
> | spacing.
>
> Try making it all lowercase (see the "S").
> Got an example message that got past your rule?
> --

According to the man page, procmail egrep ignores case by default (i.e.
unless you add a 'D' flag to the rule.

You can ignore changes in spacing thus:
*^Subject:.*(out +of +office|out +of +the +office)

The procmailrc manpage includes a description of the extended regular
expression syntax.

As Cameron said, though, it'd be easier to troubleshoot if you post an
example of a subject line that fails to match...

Matt

Matt Davey        Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills
mcdavey mrao cam ac uk 	all its pupils - Hector Berlioz