Re: Fedora 3 kernel: journal commit I/O error

On Fri, 12 Jan 2007 09:57:12 -0500
"Simon Wu" <simonwu1 gmail com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have a Fedora 3 system with its original 2.6.9 kernel. After running
> for a few days, it complains about "journal commit I/O error" and the
> system needs to be rebooted.
>
> Any help is appreciated.

You need to give more details - what is the exact error and messages that
are with it. A journal commit error normally occurs if there is a disk
problem or some kind of internal consistency problem detected. Only
knowing the actual detail of the error can anyone hope to work out what
actually happened.

Alan