Re: Multimedia horrors

On Saturday 13 January 2007 15:49, Anne Wilson wrote:
> After trying livna, atrpms and then freshrpms xine packages, and finding
> each has strengths and weaknesses, I'm back with livna.  I've installed
> xine xine-lib-extras-nonfree totem-xine and totem-xine-mozplugin from
> livna.  Now totem can play my home-recorded videos, but xine still tells me
> that there is no input plugin for dvd.
>
> This was working when I last had the livna version installed, so what am I
> missing?

Damnation!  This is driving me crazy.  Previously it was reading from hdd, now
it looks to hdc, and it can read them from there.  I tried changing the media
source in the setup pages, and the config file now
says 'media.audio_cd.device:/dev/hdd' yet still it is reading from hdc.  I'm
completely flummoxed!

Anne